Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles
Total Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
Explore our new Betty Crocker™ gluten-free recipes. Try our Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 80 g butter (melted)
- 1 medium egg
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 125 g creamy peanut butter
- 350 g dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate, chopped
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Stir the cookie mix together with the butter and egg in a large bowl, until combined. Scoop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into your hands and roll into balls. Place onto the baking sheet, 5cm apart.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until golden. Remove and leave to cool on a cooling rack. Cool completely. Set aside 1 cookie for garnish.
- Whizz half of the remaining cookies in a food processor to create fine crumbs. Remove and set aside; continue to whizz the second half of the remaining cookies to fine crumbs. Mix all of the cookie crumb mixture in the food processor. Add the cream cheese and peanut butter. Whizz until well combined and the mixture can be pressed into a ball, 1-2 minutes. Scoop heaped teaspoons of the mixture out and roll into balls. Place each ball onto 2 trays lined with baking paper. Once all the mixture is rolled into balls, place into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in an uncovered medium bowl on high for 60-90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture can be stirred smooth. Place the reserved cookie into a resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal the bag then finely crush the cookie with a rolling pin. Set aside to garnish the truffles.
- Remove half of the cookie balls (or 1 sheet) from the fridge. Drop a ball into the melted chocolate, turn over a few times, with a spoon, to cover in the chocolate then roll up the side of the bowl, removing any excess chocolate and scoop onto the baking tray. Sprinkle the top with the reserved crushed cookie crumbs. If chocolate has cooled too much, reheat. Place the truffles into the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes or until coating is set. Repeat with second half of cookie balls. Store covered in the fridge.
How to Make This Recipe
This video feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.