Macmillan x Betty Crocker Decadent Chocolate Fudge Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
As an ode to the Coffee Morning, we’ve taken our most loved cake mix and added a Macmillan twist. Try our Chocolate Fudge Cake with soft Vanilla Buttercream and fresh strawberries that perfectly complement the rich flavours of the mix.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 x 425g box of Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 230ml water
- 300g Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 350g fresh strawberries
Betty's Easy Steps
- Line two 20cm loose bottomed cake tins with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) add the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix.
- Gently whisk together with hand whisk (or using the whisk attachment on your mixer) for 2-3 minutes until it’s a smooth batter.
- Divide the cake mix between the two cake tins and smooth over with a spoon.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 mins or until risen and cooked through.
- To check the cake is cooked, poke the middle with a metal skewer; it should come out clean (if not, pop it back in the oven for another few minutes until it does).
- Meanwhile, hull half the strawberries, then finely slice half the others and put to one side for decorating later.
- Carefully remove the cakes onto a cooling rack, then remove them from the tins and leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled, pop one cake onto a cake stand or serving plate and ice one cake with half of the vanilla icing. Place the sliced strawberries around the outside edge of the cake to make a pretty pattern then pop more in the middle. Put the other cake on top and spread the remaining icing on top of the cake. Finish with the remaining halved strawberries.
- Serve with a cuppa – delicious!