Chocolate Orange Mug Cake
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Add zesty orange and tangy Greek yogurt to a hot chocolate mug cake made in the microwave and you have an extra special pudding in just seconds!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 sachet Betty Crocker™ Belgian Chocolate Cake Mug Treats
- 40ml milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 container chocolate sauce (from the Mug Treats box)
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced sugar marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
Betty's Easy Steps
- Combine the cake mix sachet and the milk in a microwave-safe mug (approximately 310ml). Stir vigorously using a spoon or fork until evenly mixed and smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the orange zest.
- Microwave on High for 70-80 seconds (for an 800W-under 1000W microwave) or 70-75 seconds (for a 1000W and higher wattage microwave). Meanwhile, put the chocolate sauce container in a cup of hot water for 30 seconds to allow it to soften slightly.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Open the container of chocolate sauce and spread over the top of the cake. Leave to stand for 2 minutes. Fold the marmalade into the yogurt in a small bowl, then spoon on top of the chocolate sauce. Scatter over the remaining orange zest to serve.
- You can add some fresh orange pieces or drained and chopped tinned mandarins, if you like, for an extra fruity flavour.
- Instead of marmalade try a spoonful of lemon curd or reduced sugar apricot jam.