Chocolate and Banana Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
With rich chocolate icing and a touch of cinnamon, this chocolate and banana cake recipe is perfect for an afternoon treat paired with a good cup of coffee.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Cake Mix
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
- 75 g walnut pieces, chopped
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
Topping and Filling
- 1.5 tubs Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing
- 75 g banana chips
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by and or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Fold through the mashed banana, chopped walnuts and ground cinnamon until combined.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into the two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 28-33 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cakes in the tins for 2-3 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Spread 1/3 of the chocolate icing over one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and spread the remaining icing over the top and sides, creating peaks and dips with the tip of the palette knife. Arrange the banana chips in a spiral pattern on top of the cake.