Christmas Tree Brownie Squares
- 2H 40 MinTotal Time
Goodness of fudge brownies with a decorative festive twist!
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Red gel food colour
- Mixed green, white and red 100’s and 1000’s
- 90 Green sugar-coated chocolates regular size
- 15 Yellow sugar-coated chocolates mini size
- 1 Piece of black liquorice cut in small pieces
- 11x7-inch rectangular tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium bowl
- Small spreader
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4. Line the bottom and sides of an 11x7-inch rectangular tin with foil and well-grease. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in tin for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove brownies from the tin using the foil to lift and peel away. Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into 5 rows by 3 rows, making 15 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- 3. Spoon the icing into a medium bowl. Stir the food colouring into a bowl to your desired shade of red.
- 4. Ice the top of the brownies with the red icing and sprinkle with 100's and 1000's.
- 5. Place 6 green sugar-coated chocolates in a triangle on top of each iced brownie to form a tree. Place 1 yellow mini chocolate on top of the tree shape to create a star. Place one piece of liquorice at the bottom of the triangle for the tree trunk.
- 6. Store covered at room temperature.
- TipsTo easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit! To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.