Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 12 Brownies
A festive twist on our classic Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe. This fun and easy bake will be sure to get everyone into the Christmas spirit this year.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 medium free range egg
- 75ml water
- 1/2 tub Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 12 pretzels, broken in half, plus a few extra in case of breakages
- 12 red chocolate M&M’s or red mini smarties
- 24 edible candy eyeballs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm rectangular cake tin with baking paper.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box using the oil, egg and water. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for around 20-25 minutes, or until a round bladed knife, inserted 5cm from the edge of the tin, comes out almost clean. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and remove the baking paper. When cooled, place into the fridge to chill and firm up for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownie from the fridge and cut out 12 triangles. Spread each with the chocolate icing using the tip of a small palette knife. Place the pretzel halves at the top for antlers with the edible eyeballs below and a red M&M or red smartie as the nose.
- If you can’t find edible candy eyeballs, you can use white chocolate chips or drops and some black writing icing for the pupils