Red Velvet Cake
Total Time: 56 Minutes
Our easy red velvet cake recipe is one that you know you can turn to again and again. The combination of cream cheese icing and chocolate is mouth-watering!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 105 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml water
Topping and Filling
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Style Icing
- 6 g freeze dried raspberries (bought from supermarket)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Red Velvet Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted fully into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Ice one cake with ⅓ of the Betty Crocker™ Cream Cheese Style Icing then sandwich together with the other cake. Cover with the remaining icing and smooth out with the palette knife.
- Decorate by whizzing the freeze dried raspberries in a small food processor, until fine. Gently sprinkle half of the dust onto the top of the cake creating a circle, 3cm thick around the outside. With the remaining dust, gently press into the base of the cake, coming almost 2cm up from the bottom.