Gluten-Free Brownie and Fruit Skewers
Total Time: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Servings: 10 skewers
Try this new way to serve a delicious brownie and fruit dessert — and with chocolate sauce, too!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 60g butter (or 90ml vegetable oil)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 300g fresh pineapple chunks, about 20 chunks
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into about 20 chunks
- 10 strawberries, hulled and halved
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease and line the base and sides of a 28cm x 18cm rectangular tin with baking parchment. Mix the brownie mix with the butter and eggs in a large bowl, until well blended.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lined tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a rounded knife, inserted 5cm from the edge of the tin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Place the tin of brownies into the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove the brownies from the tin, and peel away the parchment. Cut into 32 squares.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Thread 3 brownie squares, 2 pineapple chunks, 2 banana chunks and 2 strawberry halves alternately on each of 10 long wooden skewers (you will have 2 brownie squares left). Place on the baking sheet. Cover and chill in refrigerator whilst making the chocolate sauce.
- Place the chocolate sauce ingredients into a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, and heat until the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the skewers to serve.
- If you prepare these skewers in advance, brush banana chunks with lemon juice before threading them on skewers to prevent them from turning brown.
- Use any firm fruit you like; try chunks of peach, apple or mango for a change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.