Blueberry Banana Oat Bread
Total Time: 2 Hours 35 Minutes
The crunchy oaty topping gives a delicious extra dimension to this moist and fruity banana bread!
All You Need Is ...
- 90ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 180ml water
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 250g blueberries
- 100g porridge oats
- 40g plain flour
- 30g butter
- 25g porridge oats
- 2tbsp demerara sugar
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Grease and line 2 x 900g loaf tins with nonstick baking paper.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix in a large bowl and whisk (by hand or using an electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Mix in the banana, 200g blueberries and the oats.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and smooth the tops. Scatter over the rest of the blueberries, gently pushing into the sponge.
- Make the crumble topping. In a medium bowl, rub the flour and butter together with your fingertips (or whizz in a food processor), until the mixture is the texture of breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats and sugar.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the top of the loaves and bake in the oven for 1 hour 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the loaves, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out, crumble side up, onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Make into a pudding by serving alongside a summer fruit coulis and some crème fraîche.
- Mix up the fruit in the cake and use raspberries or blackberries instead of blueberries.
- Try toasting the bread and serving with yogurt or frozen yogurt.