Giant Chocolate Cupcake
This giant chocolate cupcake recipe is perfect for any celebration, with swirls of delicious Betty Crocker™ icing and chocolate fingers as decoration.
All You Need Is ...
- 2 boxes Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 240 ml vegetable oil (12tbsp)
- 6 medium free range eggs
- 460 ml water
- 4 tubs Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- Milk and white chocolate fingers
- Edible flowers (optional)
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 muffin tins with
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk by hand or electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Fold through the 100g crushed cookies.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from tin to cooling rack; cool completely.
- Remove 2 tablespoons icing from 1 tub; place in small food-storage bag. Cut off bottom corner of bag. Squeeze 2 small dots of icing onto miniature sandwich cookie; attach 1 sugar eye to each dot. (If using white chocolate drops and icing pen, attach white chocolate drop to each dot of icing flat side up. Use icing pen to make small circle on each drop to create an "eye".) Repeat with remaining miniature cookies.
- Spoon the remaining icing into a piping bag with a round nozzle. Pipe icing onto cupcakes. Insert 1 chocolate digestive half on each side of the cupcake to look like bat wings. Place 1 miniature sandwich cookie between chocolate digestive halves for the bat face. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
How to Make This Recipe
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.