Frankenstein Monster Cake
Total Time: 33 Minutes
Enjoy this creatively decorated monster cake – perfect dessert for a Halloween celebration.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil (8 tbsp)
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
Icing and Decoration
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Icing
- Green food colouring
- Black Food colouring
- 2 pieces black string liquorice
- Black food colouring gel pen
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160° for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large rectangle baking tray.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 23-28 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of vanilla icing and reserve to create the monster’s eyes.
- Spoon three quarters of the vanilla icing into a bowl and add in a few drops of the green food colouring. Apply the green icing to the cake covering it entirely.
- Add the black food colouring to the remaining icing in the tub and place into a piping bag. Using the picture as a template, carefully pipe the black icing to create the monster’s hair. Then create some eyebrows using the liquorice.
- Place the 2 reserved tablespoons of vanilla icing to form the eyes and use the black gel pen icing to outline the remaining facial features.