Fish Shaped Vanilla Cupcakes
Total Time: 1 Hour 7 Minutes
Our Betty Crocker™ fish shaped vanilla cupcakes are a fun and delicious treat for the whole family. Topped with coloured vanilla icing and sweets explore our recipes now.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- Blue, green, red and yellow food colouring
- 125 g Sugar coated chocolate beans
- 75 g foam bananas
- 24 mini chocolate hearts
- 12 mini marshmallows, halved
- 24 pieces Cheerios™ cereal
- Black or brown writing icing pen
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas Mark 4. Line 2 muffin trays with paper cases.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the paper cases, to just over half full.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, until golden and risen. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Place half a tub of icing into 4 small bowls and stir enough food colouring into each to create blue, green, red and yellow icings.
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of icing onto each cupcake and smooth down with a spoon. Arrange the sugar coated chocolate beans in different colours to create scales, the banana foam for a tail, the chocolate heart for the fin, the half marshmallow for an eye and the cheerio for the mouth. Finish off by adding a pupil to each marshmallow with the writing icing pen.