Chocolate Sundae Mug Cake
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Turn a simple chocolate mug cake into a super indulgent ice cream sundae in no time at all!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 sachet Betty Crocker™ Belgian Chocolate Cake Mug Treats
- 40ml milk
- 1 container chocolate sauce (from the Mug Treats box)
- 1 scoop Häagen-Dazs™ Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 small chocolate truffle
- Whipped squirty cream
- 1/2 teaspoon triple chocolate curls or chocolate sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Combine the cake mix sachet and the milk in a microwave-safe mug (approximately 310ml). Stir vigorously using a spoon or fork until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Microwave on High for 70-80 seconds (for an 800W-under 1000W microwave) or 70-75 seconds (for a 1000W and higher wattage microwave). Meanwhile, put the chocolate sauce container in a cup of hot water for 1 minute to allow it to soften slightly.
- Carefully remove the mug from the microwave. Open the container of chocolate sauce and spread half over the top of the cake. Leave to stand for 2 minutes. Top with the ice cream and chocolate truffle then add a squirt of whipped cream. Drizzle over the rest of the sauce, scatter over the chocolate curls or sprinkles and serve.
- If you don’t have a chocolate truffle, serve with a couple of chocolate mint sticks or a small chocolate chip cookie.
- Use any flavour ice cream you have in the freezer – chocolate or salted caramel would work just as well.