Chocolate Stout St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Total Time: 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
Magic happens when you combine stout beer with Betty Crocker™ Devil’s Food Cake Mix.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml stout beer
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 2 tubs (400g each) Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- Green food colouring paste or gel
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper muffin cases.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, beer and eggs together gently in a medium bowl and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the paper cases, to just over half full.
- Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, until risen and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave in the muffin trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Mix both tubs of icing together in a medium bowl with a little green food colouring paste or gel until you have an even colour. Spoon the icing into a large piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe in a circular pattern on top of each cupcake. Top with chocolate sprinkles to finish.
- Don’t have a decorating bag? Simply spoon the icing into a large re-sealable food-storage plastic bag and cut off a corner of the bag to pipe icing onto cupcakes.
- Decorate with finely chopped chocolate or chocolate curls for extra flavour.