Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Chocolate and hazelnuts is a classic combination. Try it in this easy chocolate and hazelnut cake recipe with rich chocolate icing and chopped hazelnuts
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Cake Mix
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
Topping and filling
- 1.5 tubs Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing
- 50 chopped roasted hazlenuts
- 12 whole hazlenuts
- 25 g dark chocolate melted
Betty's Easy Steps
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into the two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 22-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cakes in the tins for 2-3 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Spread 1/3 of the chocolate icing over one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and spread another 1/3 of the remaining icing over the top and sides in a smooth layer. Use the tip of the palette knife to create a pattern in the icing on the top of the cake.
- Gently press the roasted chopped hazelnuts onto the sides of the cake to cover completely. Brush away any excess chopped nuts from around the base of the cake.
- Place the remaining icing into the piping bag fitted with the fluted nozzle and pipe 12 rosettes around the top edge of the cake.
- Dip the 12 whole hazelnuts into the melted dark chocolate. Leave in a cool place until set, then gently place one on top of each icing rosette.