Chocolate Birthday Tray Bake
This Chocolate Tray Bake recipe from Betty Crocker™ is perfect for a birthday celebration, with delicious chocolate sponge and Chocolate Fudge Icing.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil (6tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 230 ml water
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Milk and white chocolate bar
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Grease the tin or line with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake mix gently together, and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your greased rectangular tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 22- 27 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the tin then cool on a cooling rack. Turn out onto a cake board once cool.
- Ice the top of the cake with Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing and gently score a diagonal pattern into the icing using a fork.
- Grate the milk and white chocolate and then mix together and sprinkle around the edge of the cake.
- Cut the end of a disposable piping bag and insert the writing nozzle in the end. Fill with Vanilla Icing.
- Use a cocktail stick to gently score your message on the top then pipe your message using an even pressure.
- Chop the end of a disposable piping bag and insert the star tip nozzle in the end. Put in a glass and fill the bag with Chocolate Fudge Icing.
- Pipe a star and then pull it down and then start again to create a shell like border.
- Decorate with your sprinkles over the top and using the Vanilla Icing piping bag, pipe dots on top of the chocolate icing around the edge of the cake for a beautiful finishing touch!
How to Make This Recipe
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.