Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
A cake truly fit for a king, this raspberry jam-filled flag cake topped with loads of fresh berries will surely please even the most royal taste buds
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Icing
- 160 g raspberry jam
- 300 g fresh raspberries
- 80 g fresh blueberries
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs gently together in a large bowl. Whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into 2 well-greased 11x7-inch rectangular tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and place on the cooling rack. Cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Place first cake layer on the plate. Ice with 210g of the vanilla icing to within 1/4 inch of edge. Spread the raspberry jam on top of the icing. Place second cake layer on top of first, rounded side down. Ice side and top of cake with remaining vanilla icing.
- Create the flag by arranging a double row of raspberries across the centre and down the length of the cake to make a cross. Place a single row of raspberries diagonally from each corner to the middle. Fill in the empty spaces with blueberries. Store covered in refrigerator.