Santa’s Hat Brownie Squares
- 2H 40 MinTotal Time
Santa’s little elves will love decorating these cute and easy brownies!
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Green gel food colour
- Mixed green, white and red 100’s and 1000’s
- 45 Red sugar-coated chocolates
- Mini marshmallows or 1 large marshmallow cut into small pieces
- 11x7-inch rectangular tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium bowl
- Small spreader
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4. Line the bottom and sides of a 11x7-inch rectangular tin with foil and well-grease. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in pan for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove brownies from the tin using foil to lift and peel away. Use sharp knife to cut brownies into 5 rows by 3 rows, making 15 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- 3. Spoon icing into medium bowl. Stir food colouring into bowl to your desired shade of green.
- 4. Ice the top of the brownies using the green icing and sprinkle with 100's and 1000's.
- 5. Place 3 red sugar-coated chocolates in a triangle on top. Cut 2 mini marshmallows in half crosswise. Place 3 marshmallow halves for the hat’s brim and one on top of triangle for pom-pom. Repeat for all brownie squares.
- 5. Store covered at room temperature.
- TipsTo easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit! To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.