Rainbow Cookie Pops
Total Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
These rainbow cookie pops are the ideal sweet treat for parties, picnics or to celebrate Gay Pride events. So easy to eat and no sticky fingers!
All You Need Is ...
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Rainbow Cookie Mix
- 80 g butter, softened
- 1 medium egg
- 75 g white chocolate, melted
- 75 g milk chocolate, melted
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease 2 large baking trays.
- Make up the cookie mix as directed on the box with the butter and egg. Divide and roll the dough into 20 even-sized balls. Place spaced apart on the baking sheets then press down gently to form 5cm diameter discs. Gently insert a wooden lolly stick into each disc.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the trays for 10 minutes then carefully transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To decorate, dip half the cookies in the melted white or milk chocolate. Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over the rest of the cookies using a teaspoon or piping bag fitted with a small plain piping nozzle. Attach the coloured chocolate buttons (from the cookie mix box) to the melted chocolate (about 6 per cookie). Leave in a cool place until set.
- You can bake and decorate the cookies in advance. Stored in an airtight container in a cool place they will keep for at least 4-5 days.
- For an extra colourful touch sprinkle some rainbow coloured 100’s and 1000’s over the cookies before the chocolate sets.