Peanut Butter Brookies
Total Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
Servings: 18 Brookies
Combine Betty Crocker™ Peanut Butter Brownie Mix and Peanut Butter Cookie Mix to make these deliciously indulgent brookies!
All You Need Is ...
- 60ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- 60g butter, softened
- 75ml water
- 2 boxes Betty Crocker™ Peanut Butter Brownie Mix
- 2 medium eggs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted oven)/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 33cm x 23cm rectangular cake tin (about 5cm deep) and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make up the cookie mix as directed on the box with the butter, 15ml water and the peanut butter pouch from the box. Set aside.
- Make up both brownie mixes together in a large bowl with the oil, eggs and remaining 60ml water. Spread the brownie mixture in the prepared tin and dollop the peanut butter (from both brownie boxes) over the top. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter through the brownie mixture. Roughly drop clumps of the cookie mix all over the brownie.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown and a round bladed knife inserted into the centre of the tin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin (about 45 minutes). Lift the brownie slab from the tin using the baking paper. Cut into 18-24 brookies.
- For an extra nutty flavour, scatter a few roughly chopped unsalted peanuts over the top of the cookie layer before baking.
- Store the brookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days. They will also freeze for up to 1 month.