Fathers’ Day Golf Cupcakes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Want to bake something special this Fathers’ Day? Try this recipe from Betty Crocker™ and create fun Golf Cupcakes with creamy Vanilla Icing.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
Topping & Decoration
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 3 ginger biscuits crushed
- green edible sprinkles
- 24 coloured straws
- coloured paper and sticking tape
- 24 white sugared balls
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160˚ for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Line your muffin trays with cupcake cases
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Devil’s Food Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the cupcake cakes.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for around 16 minutes or until or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cupcake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Ice the cupcakes with a thin layer of Vanilla Icing.
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon of crushed ginger biscuit crumbs on one half of the cupcakes to resemble sand. On the other half of the cupcake dust the green edible sprinkles for the grass.
- Note: If you cannot find any green sprinkles, try mixing up some dessicated coconut and green food colouring
- Cut the straws into 3 ½” lengths and cut the coloured paper to make 24 small flag shapes. Tape each flag to one end of each straw and gently poke into the cupcake.
- Press a sugared white ball into each cupcake to make the golf ball.
- These novelty golf cupcakes are perfect for baking up for Dad on Father's Day or as a fun surprise for golf lovers!