Easy Chocolate Cupcakes with Icing
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Our Betty Crocker™ easy chocolate cupcakes has chocolate ganache in the middle topped with chocolate icing and sprinkles included in our pack.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devils Food Cake Mix
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml water
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 60 g soft butter
- 5 g double cream
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Place the cupcake cases into the muffin tin.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-17 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile heat the cream to almost boiling. Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour the hot cream over the top. Stir until the chocolate has all melted into the cream. Let cool until room temperature.
- Hollow out a little of the centre of the sponge and fill with 1 tsp of chocolate ganache. Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- Whisk the icing sugar and softened butter together until blended then beat in any of the ganache that was leftover from filling the cupcakes. Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcakes and decorate with the chocolate flakes for a perfect finish!
- You can prepare the chocolate ganache ahead of time. Cover and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. It will be much thicker in consistency but you can still spoon into the centre of the cupcake.