Coffee and Walnut Cake Recipe
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Coffee and walnut cake has never been easier to make! With delicious Betty Crocker™ Coffee Icing and chopped walnuts, it’s perfect with a cup of coffee.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Classic Coffee Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 50 g Walnuts - roughly chopped
Topping and filling
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Classic Coffee Icing
- 12 walnut halves
- 1-2 tsp cocoa powder to dust
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon/ Hand held electric whisk
- 2 x 8” well-greased cake tins
- Wire rack
- Small palette knife
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Classic Coffee Cake Mix and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Fold the walnuts into the mix and pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 23-28 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cakes in the tins for 2-3 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Ice one of the cakes with 1/2 of the coffee icing over. Place the second cake on top and spread the remaining icing over the top, creating deep swirls using the back of a teaspoon. Arrange the walnut halves around the edge of the cake and dust lightly with cocoa powder.