Christmas Brownie Squares
Kids of all ages will love to decorate these Christmas brownies! Get inspired by our brownie squares recipe and create your own version. Watch our Christmas brownie video to get ideas to create your own amazing Christmas brownie squares.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- Green food colour
- Red gel food colour
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Brown, red, green, yellow sugar-coated chocolates, regular size and mini size
- Black and red writing icing tubes
- white chocolate drops
- Mixed green, white and red 100’s and 1000’s
- Mini marshmallows or 1 large marshmallow cut into small pieces
- 1 Piece of black liquorice cut in small pieces
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4. Line bottom and sides of the11x7-inch rectangular tin with foil and well-grease. Make and bake the brownie mix as directed on the box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in the tin for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the tin using the foil to lift and peel away. Use the sharp knife to cut brownies into 5 rows by 3 rows, making 15 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- Spoon the icing evenly between 3 separate small bowls. Stir the icing with the different food colouring gels to your desired shade of colour. Decorate as desired.
- To decorate the Polar Bear Brownie: ice the top of the brownie thickly with vanilla icing. Using a fork, scrape the icing to outside of brownie to create spikes of “fur”. Dollop a small mound of vanilla icing in center of the brownie, place 1 brown sugar-coated chocolate on top for the nose, 2 mini brown chocolates for eyes, and 2 white chocolate drops for ears. Pipe a mouth using the black writing icing tube.
- To decorate the Gift Brownie: ice the top of the brownie with the green icing. Sprinkle 100's and 1000's on top of iced the brownie. Pipe 2 lines using the red writing icing tube across the top to cross in the middle. Place 5 red sugar-coated chocolates in centre tipped on sides in a circle to form a bow.
- To decorate the Santa’s Hat Brownie: ice the top of the brownies with the green icing. Sprinkle the top and edges of brownie with 100's and 1000's. Place 3 red sugar-coated chocolates in a triangle on top of the iced brownie. Cut 2 mini marshmallows in half crosswise. Place 3 of the marshmallow halves for the hat’s brim and one on top of the triangle for pom-pom.
- To decorate the Christmas Tree Brownie: ice the top of brownie squares with red icing. Sprinkle the top and edges of the brownie with 100's and 1000's. Place 6 green sugar-coated chocolates in a triangle on top of the iced brownie to form a tree. Place 1 yellow mini chocolate on top of the triangle for star. Place one piece of liquorice at bottom of triangle for tree trunk.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- To easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit!
- To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.
How to Make This Recipe
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.