Heart Shaped Valentine’s Day Cake
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Show how much you care this Valentine’s Day with this gorgeous heart-shaped chocolate cake – the perfect way to end a romantic meal.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 250 ml water
- 90 ml vegetable oil (6 tbsp)
- 3 medium free range eggs
- Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Icing
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into your two greased cake tins, ensuring that the mixture is of equal depth in each.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife, inserted fully into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Cut the round cake in half, as shown in the diagram. Place the two halves at either side of the square cake upon your presentation plate to form a heart shape and attach using a small amount of frosting, spread between the joins.
- Cover with lashings of Betty’s Chocolate Fudge Icing using a spatula or rounded knife to spread beautifully starting from the middle and working to the edges and then decorate as desired…Gorgeous!