Easter Nest Cookies
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Colourful Easter eggs nestled in cuteness! Your kids will love these fun & easy-to-make Easter treats. Celebrate Easter with Betty Crocker!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 30ml water
- To decorate
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Pink and green food colouring pastes or gels
- 125g Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 24 sugar-coated mini chocolate eggs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 5.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the cookie mix together with the water until you have a stiff dough. Spoon 8 equal size amounts of dough onto a non-stick baking tray (see tip), leaving generous gaps between them. Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden (or leave in a little longer for extra crunch). Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Place half the desiccated coconut in a small sealable freezer bag with a little pink food colouring paste or gel and rub with your fingers until the coconut is coloured pink. Repeat in a second bag with the remaining desiccated coconut and the green food colouring paste or gel.
- Top each cookie with a swirl of the icing. Pile pink coconut onto half the cookies and green coconut onto the remaining cookies. Sit 3 mini chocolate eggs in the centre of each ‘nest’. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Try and divide the cookie mix evenly so you get similar size cookies. Roll each amount of mixture into a ball, then press down gently on the baking tray to ensure even round shapes.
- Replace the vanilla icing with Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing for an extra chocolatey Easter treat!