Chocolate Carrot Cupcakes
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
It’s almost Easter so why not impress your family and guests with this cute Chocolate Carrot Cupcake recipe. They are super quick and easy to make!
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box of Betty Crocker™ Devil's Food Chocolate Cake Mix (212g)
- 4 large Happy Eggs
- 120g melted butter
- 230ml milk
- 120 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- A few tsp of orange food colouring (until desired colour is reached)
- Carrot leaves to decorate
- 4 Muffin tins (for 24 cupcakes)
- Muffin liners
- Piping bag
Betty's Easy Steps
Preheat the oven to 160 C fan assisted. Line two muffin tins (12) with cupcake cases. Beat the Happy Eggs, milk, melted butter and the cake mix together and whisk by hand or electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Stir in the grated carrot and cinnamon. Pour into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes in tins and remove.
Take 4 muffins and once they are cooled completely, crumble them. Transfer the Betty Crocker's Icing into a bowl, add orange food colouring and whisk until the colour is deep and evenly distributed.
Take a muffin and spread some orange icing on top of it. Cover with the muffin crumbs to create an illusion of a soil. Repeat for all the cupcakes.
- Transfer the remaining orange icing into a piping bag. Cut out a bigger hole in the piping bag or use a round nozzle. Pipe a carrot on top of the muffin as seen in the video. Decorate with the carrot leaves. Enjoy!
- Put the piping bag with icing into the freezer for 10 minutes so it becomes more solid before piping on to the cupcakes.