- 1H 45 MinTotal Time
Little hands will enjoy transforming these easy-to-make chocolate-frosted cupcakes into mini-reindeer.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 230ml water
- 125ml Vegatable Oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 15g Chocolate vermicelli
- 24 Large/jumbo pretzels broken roughly into horn shapes
- 48 white chocolate drops
- Black writing icing
- 24 Brown sugar-coated chocolate candies
- 2 x 12 cup muffin tins
- 24 paper cases (brown or gold)
- 1 medium bowl
- Hand or electric mixer
- 1 mixing spoon
- Wire rack
- 1 small spatula
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4. Line 2 muffin trays with paper cases.
- 2. Mix the cake mix, water, oil and eggs gently together in a medium bowl and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- 3. Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the paper cases, to just over half full.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until golden and risen. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- 5. Spread the icing onto the cupcakes. Insert the pretzel shapes into the top of each cupcake for antlers. Use the black writing icing pen to make a small circle on each white chocolate drop to create an "eye". Place the drops flat side up, underneath antlers for the eyes. Then stick on the brown chocolate candies to create the nose with a little of the black writing icing. Sprinkle over some chocolate vermicelli for fur to finish.
- TipsIf you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, cover and chill the rest of the batter in the fridge while baking the first batch. Cool the muffin tray for about 15 minutes, then insert the paper cases, fill as before and cook, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.