Easy Rainbow Birthday Cake
- 0 MinTotal Time
This beautiful rainbow cake is bang on trend and surprisingly simple to make. Make the colours as strong or pale as you wish. Either way no party is complete without it.
- 2 boxes Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (8 tbsp)
- 6 medium free range eggs
- 180 ml water
- 1 teaspoon purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red gel food colouring
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
Filling / Topping
- Preheatyour oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mixthe eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Divide the mixture equally between six small bowls and colour each one with a different colour using the food gels.
- Pourthree of these into each of the greased cake tins and pop the other three bowls into the fridge.
- Bakethe sponges in the center of the oven for 25 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, then allow to cool on a cooling rack. Clean the cake tins, re-grease and line.
- Pourthe rest of the three mixtures into the tins and bake for a further 25 minutes as before.
a layer of icing between each sponge when cold and sandwich them together. Spread the rest over the sides and top of the cake.
Decorate as desired and then you are ready to impress!