Fully Loaded Easter Brownies
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 12 brownies
Turn a Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie into an ‘eggstra’ special treat for Easter by loading with mini chocolate eggs and bunnies!
All You Need Is ...
- 40ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 medium egg
- 75ml water
- 100g sugar-coated mini chocolate eggs, roughly chopped
- 50g mini gold lustre chocolate eggs
- 4 small chocolate bunnies
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted oven)/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm square shallow cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Make up the brownie mix as directed on the box with the oil, egg and water. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin. Scatter over a third of the chopped sugar-coated mini chocolate eggs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a round bladed knife inserted 5cm from the edge of the tin comes out clean. Remove the tin from the oven and scatter all the remaining chopped mini eggs on top of the hot brownie, gently pressing them in. Lightly press the gold lustre chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies on the top and return the tin to the oven for 1-2 minutes (see Tips).
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely in the tin (about 45 minutes). Lift the brownie slab from the tin using the baking paper. Remove the lining paper and cut into 12 brownies.
- You can use any combination of mini and small chocolate eggs for this recipe. Roughly chop any that have a crisp sugar coating. For extra colour, scatter over 2 teaspoons of pastel coloured sugar sprinkles, if liked.
- Only return the brownie to the oven for a minute or two after adding the rest of the chocolate eggs and the bunnies – just long enough to gently melt the bunnies but not lose their shape.