Vanilla Forest Cake
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
This stunning Vanilla Forest Cake will bring the wow factor to your Christmas table. Follow our recipe to create this delicious cake your guests won’t forget in a hurry.
All You Need Is ...
- 90ml vegetable oil (6 tbsp) or 90g melted butter
- 180ml water or 180ml milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tubs of Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 2 boxes Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla cake mix
- 100g white chocolate
- Blue & green oil-based food colouring
- 4 pretzel sticks or biscuit sticks, plus a few extra in case of breakages
Betty's Easy Steps
- Heat your oven to 180°C. Grease the bottom of 2 x 8 inch pans with baking spray and lightly flour.
- In a large bowl, beat the two boxes of cake mix as directed on Velvety Vanilla Cake mix box. Pour the batter into the 2 pans and bake as directed. Allow to cool.
- Level the cakes, and then layer with a half a tub of vanilla frosting in between. Frost cake with 1-2 tubs of vanilla frosting (or as much as needed).
- In a separate bowl, melt 100g of white chocolate. Add 1 drop of oil-based blue food colouring and 2 drops of oil-based green food colouring and mix. Add more drops as needed.
- Place biscuit sticks on baking paper and drizzle the coloured chocolate in a triangular shape on top of the stick to create the trees. Allow to cool. Place trees on top of the cake.
- If you can’t find pretzel sticks, you can use any biscuit or chocolate sticks to create the trees.