Vanilla Icing Cake with Assorted Retro Sweets
- 1H 30 MinTotal Time
Discover our appetising Betty Crocker vanilla cake topped with vanilla icing and covered in assorted retro sweets. Click here to explore our recipes.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1.5 tubs Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing
- Selection of sweets (we used liquorice allsorts, dolly mixtures, flying saucers, rainbow chocolates, liquorice wheels, milk bottles, cola bottles)
- Large bowl
- 2 x 20cm greased and lined round cake tins
- Hand or electric whisk
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4.
- Mixthe eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the greased and lined cake tins.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 22-25 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Spread half a pot of the vanilla icing onto the top of one of the cakes. Place the other cake on top and sandwich together. Spread the remaining icing over the top and down the sides, fully covering the cake. Smooth round the sides and tops.
- Stick the sweets onto the top of the cake. Cut into slices and serve with a selection of the sweets!
- TIPSYou can use any sweets or chocolates you prefer.