Valentine Parfait Cupcakes
- 2H 15 MinTotal Time
- 24 cupcakesServings
These moist chocolate cupcakes make the perfect Valentine treat topped with creamy icing and pretty heart sprinkles!
- 1 box (425g) Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 230 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 2 tubs Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- 75 g dark chocolate chips
- Red and pink heart confetti (sugar sprinkles)
Topping and Decoration
- 2 x 12-hole muffin trays
- 24 paper muffin cases
- Large mixing bowl
- Wire rack
- Large piping bag and large plain nozzle
- Heatproof bowl
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin trays with paper muffin cases.
- 2. Put the cake mix in a large mixing bowl and add the oil, water and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- 3. Divide the mixture evenly between the paper muffin cases. Bake for 15 minutes until risen and a skewer inserted into one cupcake comes out clean. Cool in the trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- 4. Spoon the icing into a large disposable piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle. Pipe swirls of icing on top of each cupcake.
- 5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cool for 5 minutes then use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate over the frosted cupcakes. Sprinkle with heart confetti and leave in a cool place until the chocolate has set.
- TipsIf you have only one muffin tray, just cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Cool the tray about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.
If you can’t fine heart-shaped sprinkles roll out some pink ready-to-roll icing and stamp out 24 small heart shapes using a small cookie cutter. Leave to dry for 1 to 2 hours then sit one on top of each cupcake.