Strawberry & Cream Cake
- 0 MinTotal Time
Sumptuous sponge, with creamy icing and topped with fresh strawberries, this summery cake is sure to get you in the Wimbledon spirit!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing
- 175 g white chocolate chips
- 500 g fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
Method Watch Video
- Preheatyour oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mixthe cake mix, oil, water and eggs gently together and then whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pourthe cake mix evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on your cooling rack.
- Meltthe chocolate chips uncovered in your microwaveable bowl in the microwave on a high heat for 45 seconds. Stir and continue to heat for further bursts of 15 seconds until the mixture is smooth. Cool for 5 minutes and then stir in Betty’s Vanilla Icing.
- Spreadhalf of the filling into the middle of your cake and cover with half of the strawberries, then use the rest to ice the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining strawberries…Simply divine!