Easy Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes - Recipes - Betty Crocker UK
- 50 MinTotal Time
Explore our delicious Betty Crocker Vanilla cupcakes made with added lemon zest, filled with lemon curd and topped with vanilla icing- included in the pack.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml water
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 125 g lemon curd
- Icing from the pack
- 60 g butter, softened
- a few drops Yellow food colouring
- a small handful Edible flowers
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Large bowl
- Hand or electric mixer
- Small bowl
- Piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
- Preheatyour oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with your cupcake cases.
- Mixthe eggs, oil, water, Vanilla Cupcake Mix, and the lemon zest gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pourthe mixture evenly into the cupcake cases.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 16 minutes or until a rounded knife, inserted fully into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Loosen the lemon curd with 2 tsp of the lemon juice. Hollow out a little of the centre of the sponge and fill with 1 tsp of lemon curd. Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- Whisk together the icing with the butter and remaining lemon juice, until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Squeeze onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Drizzle the remaining lemon curd over the cupcakes. Decorate with the edible flowers.
- TipYou can use fondant flowers to decorate the cakes if you cannot get hold of edible flowers.