Christmas Brownie Squares
- 2H 40 MinTotal Time
Kids of all ages will love to decorate these holiday brownies! Get inspired by our brownie squares and create your own version.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 Tub Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Icing
- Green food colour
- Red gel food colour
- Brown, red, green, yellow sugar-coated chocolates, regular size and mini size
- Black and red writing icing tubes
- white chocolate drops
- Mixed green, white and red 100’s and 1000’s
- Mini marshmallows or 1 large marshmallow cut into small pieces
- 1 Piece of black liquorice cut in small pieces
- 11x7-inch rectangular tin
- Large mixing bowl
- 3 small bowls
- 3 spoons
- Small spreaders
Method Watch Video
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4. Line bottom and sides of the11x7-inch rectangular tin with foil and well-grease. Make and bake the brownie mix as directed on the box using water, oil and eggs. Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely; about 1 hour. Freeze in the tin for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove the brownies from the tin using the foil to lift and peel away. Use the sharp knife to cut brownies into 5 rows by 3 rows, making 15 brownie squares (about 5cm x 5cm each).
- 3. Spoon the icing evenly between 3 separate small bowls. Stir the icing with the different food colouring gels to your desired shade of colour. Decorate as desired.
- 4. To decorate the Polar Bear Brownie: ice the top of the brownie thickly with vanilla icing. Using a fork, scrape the icing to outside of brownie to create spikes of “fur”. Dollop a small mound of vanilla icing in center of the brownie, place 1 brown sugar-coated chocolate on top for the nose, 2 mini brown chocolates for eyes, and 2 white chocolate drops for ears. Pipe a mouth using the black writing icing tube.
- 5. To decorate the Gift Brownie: ice the top of the brownie with the green icing. Sprinkle 100's and 1000's on top of iced the brownie. Pipe 2 lines using the red writing icing tube across the top to cross in the middle. Place 5 red sugar-coated chocolates in centre tipped on sides in a circle to form a bow.
- 6. To decorate the Santa’s Hat Brownie: ice the top of the brownies with the green icing. Sprinkle the top and edges of brownie with 100's and 1000's. Place 3 red sugar-coated chocolates in a triangle on top of the iced brownie. Cut 2 mini marshmallows in half crosswise. Place 3 of the marshmallow halves for the hat’s brim and one on top of the triangle for pom-pom.
- 7. To decorate the Christmas Tree Brownie: ice the top of brownie squares with red icing. Sprinkle the top and edges of the brownie with 100's and 1000's. Place 6 green sugar-coated chocolates in a triangle on top of the iced brownie to form a tree. Place 1 yellow mini chocolate on top of the triangle for star. Place one piece of liquorice at bottom of triangle for tree trunk.
- 8. Store covered at room temperature.
- TipsTo easily line the bottom of the tin, tip upside down and form foil around bottom and sides. Flip tin over, and place foil insert inside tin for a perfect fit! To cut brownies easily, use a plastic knife.