Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 22 MinTotal Time
To make oat cookies a little more interesting, try this quick and easy recipe from Betty Crocker with orange and a pinch of cinnamon.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 65 ml vegetable oil
- 25 ml water
- 1 medium free range egg
- 50 g porridge oats
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 2 baking trays, lined with greaseproof paper
- Wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas Mark 5.
- Mix the cookie mix, porridge oats, orange zest and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir in the oil, water, egg and orange juice and mix to a stiff dough.
- Spoon about 20 heaped spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking tray, leaving generous gaps between them. For larger cookies, make your scoops of dough slightly bigger. Flatten each scoop with your fingertips.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until pale golden (or a further 1-2 minutes for extra crunch). Leave on the baking trays for 3-4 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.