Cherry and Sultana Madeira Style Cake
- 40 MinTotal Time
This light and moist cherry madeira cake recipe is a wonderful zesty twist filled with glacé cherries, sultanas and lemon curd and is sure to impress friends and family.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 180 ml water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 150 g glacé cherries, chopped
- 100 g sultanas
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 100 g lemon curd
- 150 g glacé cherries, halved
Topping and Filling
- Preheatyour oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- MixThe eggs, oil, water and Classic Vanilla Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Fold in the lemon zest, cherries and sultanas.
- Pourthe cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Addthe cinnamon to the Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing and mix.
- Bakein the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Iceone cake with ½ the buttercream icing. Sandwich together with the other cake and cover the top of the cake with the remaining icing. Using the palette knife gently create swirls on the top.
- Decoratewith the whole walnuts around in a circle and scatter the chopped walnuts around and about.